Monday, July 28, 2014

July 13

.

The 13th is the only day this year I've gotten pics of two frogs in the bullfrog pond.  Here's one, behind a piece of driftwood.  This is its right profile.  You can see it's right eye, right ear, and its mouth (a light green line below a darker green line).



Here's the other, about a yard to the left of the previous one.  We're looking at the back of its head, with bulgy eyes above and reflection below.


I'm told they make bullfrog noises, at night, but I've never heard them.

.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

nice frogs! I've just been at the ditch and posting nature sometime soon!

I need orange said...

I love your ditch pix..... :-)

So cool when someone does something different, like have bullfrogs in their tiny pond in their yard. That pond is a place we particularly walk by, often, to see if we can see the frogs....