Monday, July 28, 2014

July 12

.

I have planted a couple of daylilies since we moved into this house.  This one is in with the old-fashioned ones I brought along from my first house.  I like it.



Walking to the farmers' market.  We are walking east on Miller, and the sun is behind the parking structure on Ashley.



Butterfly weed.



Blueberries.



We sat upstairs in the new addition to the Deli.  It was pretty empty, but the ventilation system is so noisy that it wasn't quiet.  It was nice and cool, though.



Walking back to the car.  Dill and tomatoes in a lawn extension garden.



A closer look at the tomatoes........



Yesterday I mentioned the daylilies I planted at my old house.  Here they are.  I bet I planted these in 1981, and here they are, going strong, all these years later.  Gotta love 'em.



I loved this house.  It has 9' ceilings, and look how big the windows are!  As far as I know, the guy who bought it from me is still here.  I know he loves the house at least as much as I did.



Later.  Walking the dog.  I haven't shown you a colored leaf in my book for a long time.  Here's the first one for 2014.  Reading Agatha Christie's A Murder is Announced.  I love Miss Marple.....



.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I don't think I've seen butterfly weed. It's awfully pretty.

I need orange said...

It really is. The flowers have a shape that I've only seen in milkweed, and butterfly weed. Very interesting and different........