Saturday, September 20, 2014

September 13

.

An autumnal scene.  Yellow house (with a fancy screen door), black cat, and chrysanthemums.



Peppers at the farmers' market, or, Reds and Greens.  (See the one red pepper, upper left?)



The previous Saturday I bought a bouquet at the market.  I was annoyed to discover that the stems hadn't been stripped.  There were A LOT of rotten leaves tightly packed into the group of stems.  It took a long time to dismantle and strip, and even though I cut the ends off the stems, the flowers only lasted a couple of days.  I won't be buying from that vendor again, and I'll be checking to see if the stems have been stripped before I buy any bouquets!

I hardly ever like the look of spent flowers, but I thought the bottoms of these zinnias were sort of cool.

This pic was taken around 11:30 am.



Old dog, asleep on the family-room floor.



At 3:30 pm, more light was coming in from outside.  My spent bouquet, in the afternoon light.



Curly leaves, at top.





Walking.  Apothecary Rose.  I like this historical murder-mystery series, about a former captain of archers.  Set in York in the 14th century.  The main female character is an apothecary in her own right (is on her way to becoming one, officially, in this book).



Me, and Burt, and a bright leaf, and Owen Archer, on a sunny-but-chilly day.


.

No comments: