Sunday, March 29, 2015

March 17

.

Late in the afternoon of the 16th, I learned that one of my former co-workers had died.  It was shocking news -- I had not known she was ill.  There had not been much time between diagnosis and the 16th.  She was barely 40, and is survived by her husband and three young children.

She was a very nice person, who always had a smile for everyone.  She is sadly missed.



Another of my co-workers kindly offered me a ride to the funeral home.

The sky was amazing.



Remember to hug the people you love.  Time may be shorter than you think.






(I didn't want to take the camera with me.  These were taken with the phone.  It was mid-morning; the results show the ground as way darker than it was.  I've since been told I want to have the phone's camera set for HDR, which gives better results when the value contrast is high.

But I'm thinking that these images, with the dark ground and the amazing sky are probably entirely appropriate for the day.)

.

No comments: