Monday, March 30, 2015

March 18

.

Sunrise in Tree Town, nearly at the equinox.

I like to keep the main point of my pics off-center, but since part of the point here is that the sun is rising about exactly in the center of where it rises, from one solstice to the other, I've put it right in the middle of the image.



Walking to yoga.  I had avoided the park, the previous week, figuring it would be slushy.  This week all of the path was snow-free.

Looking at this view, I was surprised when I reached the pond and discovered it was almost all covered in ice, still, and that the ice did not look like it was nearly about to melt away.  It was still snow-covered, mostly.



Crocuses in front of the yoga studio!  The first flowers I've seen growing out of the ground this year!



Walking home after yoga.  The sky, seen from the park, was amazing.



Look at the cloudy zigzags, right over the gap in the trees....  (as always, click on any pic to embiggen)



This exposure loses the sky entirely, but shows about how light it was at ground level.  You can see that the pond is almost entirely covered in ice.......




The previous images are all looking west.  This one is looking north.



Pond, UNhelpfully lightened from my intended look.  NO thanks, Google........  Leaving my pics ALONE should be the default!



Did you see the duck in the previous image?

I had wondered if there might be ducks.  HUNGRY ducks.  I brought some bread with me.

No ducks before yoga, but one pair, after yoga.  The female was more interested in hand-outs than the male, who was more hesitant to get anywhere near me.  I learned that I hadn't chopped the bread fine enough.  Ducks can't manage the crust on real bread very well.  Lesson learned, from now on, I'll chop it finer.



No close ups of ducks -- I didn't want to frighten them.



The park was wonderfully peaceful.  I could smell the earth, and the growing green things, and I could hear birdsong (including a couple of red-wing blackbirds).  Next time I'll try to remember to take a camera that records sound...........

I spent some time in the park, savoring..............






.

No comments: