Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 20

.

I went looking for these.  They are always amongst the earliest flowers I find in my neighborhood landscape......

Small YELLOW flowers, scattered under this tree.  I believe these are winter aconite.




Hooray for YELLOW!!!



As I was taking closeups of the flowers, I heard buzzing.  "Aha!  The first insect!" was my thought.

I looked for the critter who was buzzing.

Hooray! -- she's a honey bee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  See her, just left and above center?



She buzzed from one flower to the next, and seemed to be weak.  It wasn't THAT warm, for someone whose body temp depends on the ambient temperature (mid 50s?).



She was carrying a heavy burden of pollen.  I told her she'd better go home and unload, or she might have more than she could carry.  Which would be bad.

I hope she made it safely home.



Another excellent sky.................


.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Glorious, isn't it -- the first flowers and a bee! That's extra special!

I need orange said...

I was so happy it was a bee -- and a honey bee at that!

I hope she got home ok!