Saturday, April 25, 2015

April 18

.

Walking to the farmers' market.

Forsythia.



Closeup.



A yard full of squill. 



Friends of ours used to own this property.



Big old tree.



Isn't this pretty?  The flowers look like forsythia, but much smaller.  About half the size of regular forsythia flowers.  It smelled good.....



These look more seedy than flowery.  A little baby street tree, spotted on Miller, across the street from Big City Bakery.



More fancy hydrangeas at the farmers' market.




More and more bedding plants.  Love the shadows....



I am continually tickled by the vast depth and breadth of the human imagination.  I would never, in a million years, have thought of making bonbons like these.  So cute.



If I were buying candy, I'm afraid I'd be sticking to my usual plebeian taste and going for peanut brittle, or a "plain" Askinosie chocolate bar.

But I love looking at these, and I surely appreciate the creativity that goes into their design and execution!



My breakfast -- sour cream coffee cake.  With pecans and cinnamon.  Mmmmmmmm............



I could see this really cute little French Bulldog, with his family, outside the window as I enjoyed my coffee cake.  He was eager to say "Hi!" to everyone, looking up at people with a lovely soft expression.  I finally HAD to go out and talk to him.

What a nice little guy.  Unfortunately, I don't have a pic looking at him straight on.  Aren't the wrinkles on top of his head adorable?  What a nice dog.



I miss having a dog to pet.  I haven't had a dog who really wanted to be petted (as opposed to only tolerating it) for a long time.

.

No comments: