Monday, September 21, 2015

Zingerman's Bakehouse raisin challah turban

.

This pic is the property of Zingerman's Bakehouse.  (I do not have permission to use it here, but I suspect they won't mind, and if they do, I will apologize profusely and take it down immediately.  If you click on this link, I believe it will take you to the web version of the email I got from the Bakehouse this morning, reminding people that the time to buy this special challah is short.)


The Bakehouse makes special challah at this time of year.  I love the turban shape, and the ones at right have raisins.  Not just any raisins, but the best raisins I've ever eaten.

This raisin challah makes spectacular toast.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................

We bought one of the big ones, last week, thinking we'd freeze some of it for bread pudding.   (It makes spectacular bread pudding.....)  But we ate it.  Every last crumb.  We bought another one this past Saturday.  Maybe some of it will make it into the freezer.  Maybe not.

Do yourself a favor, if you like raisin toast.  This is the best I've ever had.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Only through September 23, so if it sounds good, don't dawdle.

We got it at the Deli, on two successive Saturdays.  I don't know if they have raisin challah there every day.  I believe they have it at the Bakehouse every day, through the 23rd.

It never hurts to call ahead and have them save it for you....

Bakehouse:  (734) 761-2095
Deli:   (734) 663-3354

.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

They shouldn't mind. It's fabulous free advertising! And looks delish!

I need orange said...

That's what I thought. :-)

It was really good. Really REALLY good. It has dark raisins (I think they are called Red Flame), and golden ones. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................... :-)