Thursday, August 25, 2016

today I had a red-letter walk.

.

Today (August 25, 2016) I had a red-letter walk.

First, I saw a shrew.  If you click through this link you'll see one just like the one I saw.  Not the one at the top of the page.  Down the page, just a little, on the right side of the page, you'll see three shrew pics.  The one I saw was like the very dark gray one at the top of the three.  Short legs, tiny ears, no visible tail.

It was hustling across the sidewalk.... 

I think that's exactly the third time I've ever seen a shrew (outside of a stuffed one in a museum).


Then, I got to talk to nice dogs on my walk.  First a waggy wobbly old Shiba Inu, who was glad for a sniff and allowed a few pats.

Then, corgis, including a puppy!  I hadn't touched a corgi puppy since I don't know when.  His "big sister" Bella is an old neighborhood friend, and Henry is 3.5 months old.  Awwwwww.  I picked him up and enjoyed some snuggles as I talked to his mom about losing her old Golden retriever in April.  Rest well, Toby.  You were a very nice guy.

Then I got a good long snuggle with my waggy friendly buddy-guy Woody, the Brittany who lives at the end of my block.  I hadn't seen him in a long time, and he was glad to see me.  We had a good snuggle.


An excellent walk!  Even without the interesting clouds and nice black-eyed Susans I saw.

.

No comments: