Sunday, September 25, 2016

September 11

.

Looking northwest over West Park.



This is the same kind of flower we saw the honeybee on, a few days ago.  The plant is definitely NOT thistle-y.



Looking east over West Park.



I do not know what this is, but I'm glad for YELLOW in the landscape.......



Love the shapes and textures and subtle colors.....



Closeup of the acorn in the above.



I follow a couple of people on Instagram who use plant materials to make pictures.  (@flora.forager, and @sistergoldenshop often has such pics)

Looking at their work, I have been eyeing leaves in a new way.

This is extremely crude, in contrast to their lovely images.  I now have even more admiration for their results.  Every time you put something down, a bunch of other things move!



The times, they are a changin'...............


.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I don't think I've ever seen the acorns on the leaves like that photo (late September). Beautiful and wonderful observation.

I need orange said...

Thanks! I don't know if I'd ever seen an acorn with the leaves, either. I don't remember it. I loved all the greens and browns together..........