Monday, May 08, 2017

April 30

.

"The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him."  --Niccolo Machiavelli



On April 30 I went to a surprise birthday party for a long-time friend.  It was a fun afternoon.  I met a lot of her friends and family that I have heard about over the years, and enjoyed chatting with them.

Shadows on the table.....



It was a rainy day.  When I got home, we walked.  The 30th was another "flowers EVERYWHERE" kind of day.

Crab apple.  The ones, like this one, with the dark buds opening to pink and white, are my favorites.






Lilac.




Another crab apple.




Dogwood.



Tulips in the 'hood.  Note the ones in the top left corner.....





Oooh.  Cherries.  I don't usually walk on this street, but I saw these trees from the bottom of the hill....







Fence around the trunk of a cherry tree, with tulips.



Dogwood.



Another dogwood.



Viburnum.



Lilac.




Fuzzy baby locust leaves.



Redbud.



The only thing I've shown in this post that's in my yard -- species tulip planted several years ago.


.

No comments: