Friday, June 15, 2018

June 8, 2018 -- peony garden, part 2

.

So many different kinds of peonies..........




The next one may be the same kind as the previous.



This one is different from the previous.







I don't remember seeing this sort of candy-striping on a peony before.



Of course it's not just the flowers that differ from plant to plant.  Some of the plants are smallish.  Some are huge.



Love the fluffy ones........







It seems to be fairly common for darker flowers to fade to lighter colors as they age.






This one is new to me -- the splotchy color.........  (And the plant is just a baby, too.)





Another baby plant, with a new-to-me flower.




This is one of the ones I look for every year.  Loooove this color.  Note shoe in upper left and backpack in upper right.  A young man was sitting here, painting a peony (not this one, but the same kind).  He was doing a very nice job, too.

This poor flower was clearly on its way out



This is the same flower, cleaned up.  I don't mind spending a bunch of time fussing over things that will STAY fussed with.  I do mind fussing over things that won't stay cleaned up.  Dusting.  Weeding.  No thank you.  But give me a pic to clean up, and I can happily clean it up.  The next time I look at it, it will still be clean.  Yay.



This is the same kind of peony as the above, I believe.  This is the only one whose name I looked up.  It's Flame.  Red when younger, coral when older...........  (The phone camera gets excited by saturated reds and red-purples.  I suspect this may be a bit too much, in the saturation department.  This image is exactly as the phone camera remembers it.)


.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Mine were short lived. Yours knock my socks off!