Monday, August 13, 2018

August 8, 2018

.

My better half had a noon bridge game.  He dropped me off by the farmers' market.

Begonias in a big planter.



It's August.  There are tomatoes.



And flowers.



There's coffee all year round.  Roos Roast is an Ann Arbor company.



I have it on good authority that this is really good.



There is still no Detroit Street in front of Zingerman's Deli (which is the brick building in the upper left corner).



Standing in front of the blue building in the previous image, looking back toward Kerrytown (with the bell tower) and the farmers' market.  (See the red white and blue shade "tent" things going toward the left edge, pretty much in the center?  Those are sheltering farmers and produce from the sun.)



From the salad bar at the food coop.  I'm still thinking about the Food as Medicine MOOC (massive open online class) I took a few years ago, which advised us to aim to eat 20 different things each day).  Salad bars make me happy -- I can get a lot of things in one meal.  This is at least 13 different things, counting the caraway seeds in the sauerkraut (lower left corner) and counting raw carrots and the cooked carrot in with the lentils (upper right corer) twice.   (All of this stuff is sitting on mixed greens, which I figure was at least four different things.)


.

No comments: