Sunday, February 10, 2008

blogiversary

.

I had this post all ready to go before I left on my extensive travels, but when it came time to post it on the 10th, I was ... busy. So here it is, now....... Back dated.



My artistic motto is "What I lack in talent I make up in volume."

Looking back over all the pics I've blogged in the last year, it is very satisfying to feel that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. My belief that taking pics is *the* critical factor in taking good pics is reinforced.

Picking "the best of each month" was hard, and mostly pretty arbitrary. Here are the ones I chose.......



Coming home from Charlotte, NC, snapping madly, luckily catching this. Late February, 2007. The trees are nice, but with the shadows, much better.





The amaryllis on my office windowsill in March. Love the translucency, and the curly pistil.





I did some teeny scrapbooking in April.... These roses grab me, every time.





In May there were crab apples and more crab apples. I like that it's the middle ground in focus. One little vignette in a sea of pinkness.





In June, peonies.





July held our spectacular trip to Alaska. To represent the whole trip, an image needs to have big sky, snow on mountains, no human things at all, and lots of water.





In August, a friend gave me a gorgeous bouquet. Who knew zinnias could have multicolored flowers?





In September we went to the State Fair. I love the blue eye in the orange rim, and the hard lines of the eye and beak against the curly fluff of the feathers.





In October, I took a million pics of leaves.... I 'shopped this one, just a little, and I'm choosing these images in the dead of winter when color grabs me even more than usual......





November -- da boyz, watching me go off to work. At first I was annoyed by the amount of reflection, but then I decided I like it. Note to self: try to avoid preconceived notions of what you will or won't like.....





December -- post-processed image from roadtrip to Kenyon. Same lesson here as November's choice. I generally try to avoid human things in pics, especially pedestrian things like poles and wires. The poles and wires make *this* image more interesting.....





Record snowfall on New Year's Eve left this behind.






Here are the images I chose from my first year of blogging.

.

No comments: