Saturday, June 27, 2015

June 22

.

Walking downtown for a special Tunisian dinner.




Did you notice this, in an attic window?  This is what caught my eye.



My daughter and I enjoyed the Tunisian dinner at Zingerman's.  EJ (who wrote the blog post in the link) did a better job than I did of taking pics during the event, so if you want to see pics, check it out.  I'm even in one of them.

It was a good dinner.  The dates were really especially good, and I loved the eggplant and tuna, too.  Majid's engagement with the food of his country ("Southern Mediterranean, not Middle Eastern"), and his level of passion for producing those foods in ways that are traditional, yet good for workers, is very evident.

Isn't it excellent that it is possible to enjoy those foods in the comfort of our own homes?

.

No comments: