Thursday, April 28, 2016

April 23 -- morning

.

Walking down to Kerrytown for Saturday breakfast at Next Door.

I don't know what these yellow flowers are.  They are so shiny they look like they're made out of plastic.  They are a ground cover, and I am only aware of them being in one yard in our neighborhood. They are very happy there.  I bet there are thousands of them.



The places where they look white are because they are so shiny and reflective that the camera saw "too much light!" rather than yellow.




Tulips.



Cherries in the northern entrance way to West Park.



Callery pear downtown.  Until just this week I thought these were called Bradford pears.  This week I learned (from my favorite landscape architect) that Bradford pears are a specific cultivar of callery pears.  Callery pear is the generic name.

So from now on, I'll be calling them callery pears.



There are a LOT of callery pears downtown (and a lot in my neighborhood, too).

In this shot I believe we can see at least four different trees, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are six.




Here are two more, taken about 90 degrees from the previous shots.



These, however, are service berries.



Service berries have long skinny petals, when compared to pears or apples.



We've arrived at the farmers' market.  Rex begonias.  Isn't this gorgeous?



Love the back-lit coleus, too.



Pots full of lettuces.



A closer look.



Now we're choosing our treats for breakfast.  Pavlova.  Aren't these beautiful?



Flowers in the space between the sidewalk and the street, at the corner of Kingsley and Detroit.


.

No comments: