Saturday, September 22, 2018

September 14, 2018

.

More get-out-the-vote postcards for PostcardsToVoters.org

Aftab means sunshine.  If I recall what I was told, his mom was a Tibetan refugee who went south.  She met Aftab's father in his own country, and then the family emigrated to the USA.




Adding to this post a bunch of pics I found on the phone that hadn't made it to the computer.  (Sigh, and argh.)

Later.  Walking. 

Coneflower at various stages, in strong sunset light.



Mushrooms in that same sunset light.  These are in the same yard as that puff-bally thing we've looked at.





Squirrel tracks in concrete.  Poor little guy.  That's not good stuff to have on your skin......



Cosmos.





Cleome.



Closer crop of the above.  I'd never noticed that cleome stems are covered by little leaves going round and round.  Stem comes in from left, and curves up to also be supporting all of that purple extravaganza.



A bunch of cleome, with leafy stems, and some sunflowers.



I think this is the first hollyhock I've seen this year.



Closer crop.



Autumn Joy, with bumble.





My Instagram buddies gave me an ID of "boneset" for this.  Isn't it nice to know there's something called "boneset" in the neighborhood?  Just in case?



Closer look at boneset's trumpety flowers.



Aster.



Hydrangea, black-eyed Susans, and Autumn Joy.



My IG buddies say this is weigela.  I'm making a folder of pics of "plants that have been identified for me" so I don't keep asking about the same ones year after year.......



Bellflower.


.

No comments: